• 9 medium size – green Tomatoes
• 1/2 cup – gram flour (besan)
• 4 tbsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Mango powder (amchur)
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 9 – toothpicks
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1.5 tsp – coriander powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric
• 1/2 tsp – Fennel seeds
• Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cut the caps off the tomatoes.
- Extract half of the pulp out of tomatoes. Save the pulp for gravy.
- Heat two tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add besan and stir continuously till it turns light brown.
- Take it off the stove and then add salt, chilli powder, fennel seed and mango powder. Mix it well.
- Now stuff halved tomatoes with this mixture.
- Put the cap back on tomatoes and secure them with toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining oil in kadai.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds and sputter.
- Add tomato pulp, salt, chilli powder and turmeric.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stuffed tomatoes now and simmer it till it becomes soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with naan, roti or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Preeti