• Mixed veg – 1 cup
• Ginger Garlic paste -1 tsp
• Green chillies – 10
• basmati Rice – 1 cup
• water – 1cup
• Coconut Milk -1/2 cup
• Onions – 1
• Tomatoes -1/2
• dry masala – few pieces
• Dry masala ( elaichi, cinnamon, cloves, Bay Leaves )
• cashews- 10 pieces (whole or broken)
• Raisins – 3 pieces.
- Wash and soak rice till you make the other preparations.
- Cut vegetables into fairly large pieces.
- Heat oil/butter. Add dry masalas, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, onions cut into length wise, tomatoes and fry.
- Add vegetables, water, coconut milk.
- When it begins to boil, add rice and bring it down to medium heat, close lid and let it cook.
- Check now and then but do not mix.
- Once rice is completely cooked, add salt to taste and mix gently.
Recipe courtesy of Geeta Shankar