Easy vegetarian enchiladas made with cheese and vegetables
1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, cauliflower, peas)
1/4 cup melted ricotta cheese or any melted cheese
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
4 corn tortillas (available in the market)
1 cup enchilada sauce (see in basic)
1/2 cup chopped onions for garnishing
Some shredded lettuce leaves for garnishing
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Boil vegetables until tender, drain.
3. Mix mashed potatoes, salt and black pepper powder in the boiled vegetables.
4. Spread a layer of enchilada sauce on the tortillas, now place 1/4 portion of the potatoes and vegetables mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle grated cheese over the mixture.
5. Roll in one direction and assemble in a baking dish.
6. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top and pour the melted cheese and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and cheese turns light golden brown.
8. Garnish with lettuce and chopped onions and serve hot.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes