• 1 cup – Wheat flour
• 1/2 cup – coarsely powdered Oats
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 1 tbsp – Butter (add more if you prefer crispier crackers)
• 1/4 cup – sesame seeds
• 3 tsp – Garlic paste
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – baking powder
• Water to knead the dough
- Pour the wheat flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add garlic paste and sesame seeds. Combine well and add oil.
- Melt the butter a little and add.
- Add water bit by bit to form a thick chapatti-like dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into half. Roll each half thin and cut into squares or sticks.
- Combine the scrapings and repeat the same with the other half too.
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Place the squares on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the crackers turn crisp (baking time varies according to the thickness of the squares and the oven settings).
- Store in an air-tight container and consume within a week.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmilee