|What is it?|
|Mexican Indian preparation made of kidney beans and tomato sauce wrapped in crispy cover|
2 tomatoes, blanched
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1-2 whole dry red chilies
2 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Salt to taste
1 cup (200 gm) rajma (red kidney beans)
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 cup maida (plain flour)
1/4 cup corn flour
1 tablespoon milk
Pinch of salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
Oil for shallow frying
1 tablespoon nutmeg powder
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Soak red chilies in vinegar and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Then grind soaked red-chilies and blanched tomatoes to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry for a minute.
4. Now add onion and capsicum and fry until golden brown.
5. Add tomato paste and fry for about 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt and keep aside.
7. Pressure cook, overnight soaked rajma with salt until done.
8. Heat oil in a kadhai, add half of prepared sauce and rajma.
9. Cook for some time and add garam masala, red chilli powder.
10. Mix well, add coriander leaves, remove from heat and keep aside.
11. Mix maida, corn flour, salt, baking powder, milk together, with hands.
12. Using little water at a time, knead into a medium soft dough.
13. Divide into small balls of equal portions.
14. Roll into thin round 6 to 7 diameter chapatis.
15. Cook from both side on griddle (tawa) until done.
16. Place one tablespoon rajma mixture and prepared tomato sauce towards the bottom of the wrap leaving 1 inch border.
17. Sprinkle pinch of nutmeg powder and grated cheese on top to cover it.
18. Fold the one inch border from below covering 1/4th of the mixture.
19. Now fold from both sides overlapping each other.
20. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes for 250 degree Celsius.
|Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup or Red Chilli Sauce|
|Rajma Wraps .308.||