|1. Wash dal, soak for 15 minutes and then drain. |
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker directly, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamoms, red chilli and allow them to crackle.
3. Now add ginger, onions and fry until golden brown.
4. Add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
5. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasoori methi, garam masala and fry for a minute.
6. Add ghiya and fry for another minute.
7. Add dal and 2 cups water, salt and cook in a pressure cooker until soft.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.