|1. Add ajwain, crushed fennel seeds, red chilli powder, soda-bi-carbonate, salt and oil into besan and mix well with your palms.|
2. Now add little water at a time to make a medium to stiff dough and knead well.
3. Divide into round balls of equal portions and roll into 6 to 8 inch cylinders with your palms.
4. Heat 6 cups of water in a kadhai or sauce pan and bring to boil. Add the cylinders and boil for 20 minutes.
5. Remove cylinders and set liquid aside. When the cylinders are cool, cut into half inch pieces.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai. Add asafetida, cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
7. Remove from heat, add turmeric powder, kasoori methi, red chilli powder and stir for a minute.
8. Now add curd and stir continuously for 1 to 2 minutes then transfer it back to low flame.
9. Keep stirring till the gravy starts boiling or oil separates.
10. Now add garam masala, salt, boiled gatte and fry for 3-5 minutes.
11. Add 2 cups of the reserved liquid, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Garnish with freshly chopped green coriander leaves.