|Moong Dal Puri|
|What is it?|
|Fried, puffed flour and moong dal spicy puri|
|1 1/2 cup whole meal (wheat) flour
1/4 cup gram flour (besan)
1/4 cup green moong dal (green gram)
2 green chilies chopped (optional)
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2-3 tablespoon oil
Water for kneading
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
|1. Clean, wash and soak the split green dal overnight.
2. Next day wash it with water, rinse off the green cover and grind dal to a fine paste.
3. Add green chilies, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin seeds and salt.
4. Sieve both flours, add all the ground ingredients and mix well. Add little water at a time and knead well for 10 minutes until you have smooth non-sticky dough.
5. Divide this dough into balls of equal portions. Roll out each ball into small round puris and a little thicker than the usual puris.
6. Heat oil in a wok (kadahi) and fry puri one by one until puffed and light golden brown. (Gently pressing the center of the puri down in the oil, helps the puri to puff up)
7. Remove and drain it on absorbent paper.
|Serve with Pickle and Cucumber Raita |
|Moong Dal Puri .100.||