• 300 grams – good fleshy fish fillets
• 2 tsp – chopped Mint
• 1 tsp – pepper powder
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp – Tomato sauce
• 1 tsp – Butter
• 1- Egg beaten
• Yolk of one Egg
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 3 tbsp – bread crumbs
• 1 cup – boiled and mashed Potatoes
- Wash the fish and cook in a little water with some salt till soft.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- When cold mash the fish with a fork.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes, mint, pepper, salt, tomato sauce, butter and the egg yolk.
- Form into croquettes (cigar shape).
- Heat oil in a flat pan.
- Dip each croquette in the beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs then shallow fry on all sides till brown.
- Drain and serve with tartar sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White