• 2 – large Potatoes
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1 – Green chilli (optional)
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• a squeeze – Lemon juice
• a pinch Sugar
• salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes till they are cooked but not mushy. Cool, peel and cut them into Â½ inch cubes.
- Heat ghee in a wok or skillet. When it is hot, reduce the heat to low. Pop in the cumin seed. Add the chillies. Stir.
- Then put in the potato. Saute over a medium high flame for 2-3 minutes, after stirring gently but thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes more.
- Add salt and a tiny pinch of sugar. If you enjoy the potatoes a little crisper cook them longer on a high heat.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja