• 1 large seedless Brinjal or 3 medium ones
• 3 flakes Garlic
• 1 tbsp – Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tint mild chilli
• 1 tsp – Fresh Mint leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp – coarsely crushed, toasted Peanuts
• 1 tbsp – Sesame seeds, lightly roasted
• 1 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1/2 tsp – Pepper powdered
• salt to taste
- Grease aubergine lightly. Microwave or grill till soft.
- Even charring over a flame can be done.
- Peel skin, mash with garlic, salt, chilli, mint, by hand or in a small mixie.
- Add oil, pepper, peanuts, lemon juice, half coriander, half sesame seeds.
- Mix well, transfer to an oven proof bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over it.
- Grill in a hot oven, till almost sizzling.
- Garnish with remaining coriander.
- Serve with finger of hot toast.
- Can be served as a dip for vegetable crudites too.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi