• 3 – chappatis
• 1/4 tsp each – cumin and Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Ghee
• 1/4 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/5 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/4 tsp – Lemon juice
• 1 tsp – coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1 cup – water
• Salt to taste
- Make the chappatis into 1 inch squares.
- Mix all the masalas in water and stir.
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan and add seeds to splutter.
- Add the masala water, and boil.
- When it starts to boil well add the chappati pieces, coriander and lemon juice.
- Cook on low flame to soften the chappati and allow most of the water to soak in.
- Do not make it too dry.
- It should be mushy to eat.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering