• 4 – idlis
• 1 – big Onion
• 1/2 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – sambar powder
• 1/2 tsp – Cumins (jeera) powder
• 1 tsp – mustard
• Curry leaves
• Coriander leaves
• 1/4 tsp – Tamarind pulp
• salt to taste
• 1 tbsp – Oil and Ghee or dalda
- Cut medium sized idlis into squares and keep aside.
- Heat oil, fry mustard, saute chopped onions, then add sambhar powder, coriander powder and curry leaves.
- Stir well and add tamarind pulp and salt and simmer on low fire for few seconds till the mixture turns to a thick gravy.
- Add jeera powder, idli pieces and stir very gently (otherwise idli pieces will break) for few seconds.
- Stop fire and pour little ghee or dalda.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi