• 1/2 kg – any fleshy fish
• 3 – potatoes, boiled and mashed
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – spice powder/garam masala powder
• 2 – green chillies, minced
• 1 tsp – chopped Mint leaves
• 1 – Egg beaten well
• 3 tbsp – bread crumbs
• 3 tbsp – oil
• Salt to taste
- Boil the fish with a little water and a pinch of salt for about 6 mins
- Drain the soup and mash the fish well.
- Remove the bones.
- Mix the fish together with the potatoes, green chillies, chilli powder, spice/garam masala powder, salt and mint
- Form into oval shapes.
- Flatten on top
- Heat oil in a pan
- When hot, dip each fish cake into the beaten egg, roll into the bread crumbs and shallow fry on low heat on both sides till brown
- Serve with chips or fried potatoes.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White