• 50 g – fresh Ginger
• 2 bottles – water
• 3-4 cups – Sugar
• 2 cups – Apple concentrate
• 2 cups – fresh Orange juice
• 1 cup – Pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup – Strawberry pulp
• a pinch of salt
- Grind 50 g of cleaned, fresh ginger to a rough paste or small pieces.
- Boil 2 bottles of water. After the water starts bubbling add the ground ginger.
- Add the sugar.
- Boil over high flame for two minutes and switch off.
- Strain the ginger juice through a fine muslin cloth.
- Cool and pour into another larger vessel, being careful not to pour till the end. Thus the sediment and impurities retained has to be thrown away.
- Strain once more and add the rest of the juices and strawberry pulp.
- This concentrate must be refrigerated and can be blended with iced water or soda to make an incredible summer drink at short notice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi