• 4 large Tomatoes
• 1 large Onion
• 1 or more Green chillies to taste
• Â½ tsp – Cumin seed powder
• A pinch Sugar
• Salt to taste
• A few sprigs coriander, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp – fresh or dry grated Coconut (optional)
- Chop well-washed tomatoes into 1.5 inch cubes or smaller as long as they do not get mushy.
- Chop onions very fine.
- Chop chillies into fine pieces lengthwise.
- Place everything in a mixing bowl.
- Add spices over them.
- Toss just before serving.
- To prevent excessive odour, add fresh onion just before tossing.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and coconut.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja