• 1 packet – Pasta (penne)
• 2 – Carrots
• 2 – green Capsicum
• 1 – small Cauliflower
• 4 – Tomatoes
• Grated Parmesan cheese – to taste
• I tsp – Basil dried
• 1 tsp Oregano – dried
• 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- Boil water in a vessel. Add a tsp of salt and tsp of olive oil.
- Once water starts to boil, add the pasta. Cover and cook for about 5-7 mins.
- Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Transfer to a colander and wash in running water.
- Wash the vegetables and pat them dry.
- In a saucepan, add a little olive oil.
- Sautee chopped vegetables one by one.
- Start with cauliflower first to retain the colour. Keep aside.
- This has to be followed with green capsicum and carrots.
- Transfer the vegetables into a hand mixer, one by one, in the same order as before and blend it.
- Grind coarsely and do not add water. Keep aside.
- For the tomato paste gravy:
- Add finely chopped tomato, some olive oil and a pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Add tomatoes. Once the tomatoes have softened, add the basil, oregano, parmesan cheese and mix them well.
- Take a big bowl, mix everything together and garnish with wedges of red bell paper (optional).
Recipe courtesy of Murthy