• 1 cup – gram flour
• 2.5 cups – Sugar
• 10 to 12 – Almonds
• 4 tbsp – Ghee
- Soak the almonds in boiling water for a couple of hours.
- Then peel and grind them into a fine, thick paste, adding very little water.
- In a dry pan, fry the gram flour until it is slightly brown in colour.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pan and add the ground almond paste and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- When it thickens, add the gram flour and stir continuously.
- Simultaneously, heat up the ghee and pour over the gram flour-sugar-almond mixture and mix uniformly.
- Reduce the fire to low and keep stirring until the sweet becomes porous. (When poured using a spoon or ladle, it should fall as a semi-solid and not flow uniformly).
- Immediately, remove from the heat and pour over a greased plate.
- Tap the plate gently a few times for the sweet to settle uniformly.
- While it is still warm, cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- If interested, sprinkle 1 tsp sugar all over the top, before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of Amudha