• 1 liter whole Milk
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – rice, washed and soaked in water
• 15-20 Almonds blanched, peeled and chopped
• 10 Pistachios chopped thinly
• 4-5 cardamoms, seeded and crushed
• 10-12 strands Saffron crushed
- Save some chopped nuts for garnishing.
- Soak rice in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Put 1/2 cup water to boil, add rice when it starts boiling.
- When water almost evaporates, pour in milk, stir to bring to boil.
- Add sugar, simmer till rice is fully cooked.
- It should be of thin porridge consistency.
- Add chopped nuts, cardamom, saffron and stir.
- Serve very hot, or chilled as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi