• Â½ cup – Rice
• 750g – fish fillets (pomfret)
• 2 – Lemon juice
• 10 to 15 – fresh Mint leaves
• 1.5 inch piece – Ginger
• 10 to 12 Cloves – Garlic
• 4 – Green chillies
• 2 to 3 tsp – Red Chilli powder (or as per taste)
• 2 tsp – Cumin seed powder
• Â½ tsp – chaat masala powder
• 1 tsp – ajwain seeds
• a few drops of Orange colour
• oil for deep frying
• salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice in sufficient water for an hour. Clean and wash the fish.
- Apply lemon juice and salt to the fish and keep aside.
- Grind the mint leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste using very little water.
- Drain out the water from the rice. Grind the rice to a fine thick paste, using a little water.
- Add the ground mint paste, red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, chaat masala powder, ajwain and orange colour to the rice paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces in this mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a medium flame till done.
- Serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja