• 10 – Apple rings
• 100 g -maida
• 1/4 tsp – Dry yeast
• 1 tbsp – melted Ghee
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• Oil for deep frying
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1 tbsp – blanched and sliced Pistachios
• Rose petals
• For the Sugar syrup:
• 100 ml – water
• 100 g – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Saffron
• 2 tsp – rosewater
- Allow yeast to ferment in lukewarm water with 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp flour.
- Mix the flour, sugar, melted ghee and yeast liquid and some warm water until the mixture has the consistency of a thick batter.
- Cover and keep for 1 -2 hours for fermentation. And then mix well again.
- Dip the apple rings in this batter and deep fry until crisp and then drain.
- Remove the hot syrup from the flame and drop apple rings into it. Soak for 1 min and drain.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, pistachios and rose petals. Serve hot.
- For Sugar syrup:
- Dissolve 100 g of sugar in 100 ml of water, and boil for 5 min.
- Warm the saffron in a pan, add little milk and rub until saffron dissolves. Add to the syrup.
- Add the rose water. Keep the syrup warm.
Recipe courtesy of Sahil Arora