• 1 tbsp -flour
• 1 tbsp -sugar
• 3.5 cups- diced apples
• 1/2 cup -sugar
• 1/4 tsp -nutmeg
• 5 tbsps -cream
• 1 cup- shredded cheddar cheese (use old cheese)
• For the pastry (single 9-inch crust)
• 1.5 cups -sifted flour
• 1/2 tsp -salt
• 3 tbsps- water
• 1/2 cup -butter/ghee
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the water to 1/4 cup of the flour mixture to make a smooth paste.
- Add the butter into the remaining flour mixture, using a pastry blender
- Add the paste to this mixture and blend lightly with a fork until the dough holds together.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured board and fit into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Press the edge of the pie with a fork.
- Sprinkle the bottom with the flour and sugar mixed together.
- Toss together the diced apples, sugar, and nutmeg, and place in the pastry-lined pan. Pour the cream over them, cover with a lattice pastry top
- Bake in a hot over at 425 F, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until well done and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi