• Ash gourd – 1 kg
• Khova (without sugar) – 1/2 kg
• Ghee – 4 tbsp
• Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
• Sugar as required
- Peel and grate the ash gourd. Squeeze out the liquid (reserve the liquid).
- Measure the gourd. Take an equal quantity of sugar and keep aside.
- Add the squeezed liquid to the gourd and cook till most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add sugar, khova and ghee.
- Cook stirring till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel and the sugar starts setting as white powder along the rim of the vessel.
- Add cardamom and pour the mixture into a tray.