• 1/2 kg – Bhindi
• 1 – onion, medium
• 1 – tomato, medium
• chilli powder – as per taste
• 1/4 cup – Coconut
• 2 tsp – cumin
• 2 tsp – Saunf
• 4 tsp – Coriander powder
• 2 tsp – Fried gram
• Oil for shallow frying
• Salt to taste
- In a kadai, shallow fry bhindis and keep aside.
- In the same oil, temper sanuf and saute onions till pinkish colour and then add tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, grind coconut, jeera, and fried gram and make it into a thick paste.
- As the onions and tomatoes cook, add chilli and coriander powder and mix well.
- Now add the ground paste and salt with 1/2 cup of water and mix it well.
- Finally, add the fried bhindis to the gravy with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Allow it to cook for 2 mins .
- Serve it hot with chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Adhilakshmi