• 4 – sheep brains or 1 ox brain cut into medium size pieces
• 1 cup – fresh Spring onions / Leeks (wash and cut into suitable sizes depending on choice)
• 1 tsp – Ginger and Garlic paste
• 1 tsp – spice powder or Garam Masala powder
• 2 tsp – chilli powder
• 3 Onions sliced
• 2 Tomatoes chopped
• Salt to taste
• 3 Green chillies
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tbsp – oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions well.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and garlic paste and saute lightly.
- Add the tomato, chilli powder, spice powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and fry for some time.
- Add the chopped spring onions and mix well.
- Continue frying for some time till the oil separates from the mixture and the spring onions are just cooked.
- Add the brain and mix gently.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice, bread or chapattis.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White