• Milk bread – 10 slices
• sprouts (any) – 1 cup
• Onion – 1 small
• Carrot – 1/2 cup grated
• Mint + coriander chutney
• Tamarind + date chutney
• Yoghurt – 3 cups
• Sugar – 2 tsp
• salt to taste
- Take a kadai, add 2 spoons of oil, allow it to heat and add onions, sprouts, carrot, salt. Allow them to cook on fire for 5 minutes.
- Take the bread slices and cut off the brown sides.
- Now in a bowl take little water and wet the bread, squeeze out extra water by pressing the bread between your palms.
- Now take 1.25 tbsp of the mixture, place on the top of wet bread.
- Now fold the 4 sides of the bread to make a well closed ball.
- Repeat the same with all the slices.
- Deep fry these balls.
- Now place these balls in a flat bowl in a row.
- Beat yoghurt well and add the sugar.
- Now top this yoghurt on the balls and add both the chutneys just before serving.
- These can also be served chill.
- Note- If soaked in yoghurt for long time bread may sag.
Recipe courtesy of Sirisha Swamy