• 1 – black shiny large brinjal(baingan), washed and cut into stripes
• As required – curry powder for vegetables, a mixture of chilli, jeera, dhania, haldi, and other dry powders
• To taste – salt
• 1/4 tsp – garam masala, for coating
• As required – cooking oil, for frying.
- Wash and cut the brinjal into stripes. Coat the cut brinjals, with the dry masalas or with any dry ground masala and salt, to taste. Keep aside for five minutes.
- Saute it in a pan, with some hot oil and allow the brinjals to cook, in a covered pan, on slow fire.
- Open the pan and place on high flame and fry the brinjals briskly.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mangalorean Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Walter