• 1 – medium-sized head of broccoli, broken into big florets
• 1 – onion, finely sliced
• 1 cup – Milk
• 2 cups – water
• 1 tsp – Butter
• 1 cup – white sauce
• 1 tbsp – whipped Cream for garnishing
• 1/2 tsp – Green chilli sauce
• 1 tsp – grated cheese for garnishing
• sesame fingers for garnishing
- Put plenty of water to boil. Add the broccoli florets. Simmer for 2 minutes, drain and run under tap water.
- Drain and snip off the end-buds of the broccoli which resemble fresh grains. Keep aside.
- Grind the remaining with milk into a fine paste.
- Melt butter, add onion and stir-fry until transparent.
- Add the broccoli end buds and stir again.
- Pour broccoli milk, water, white sauce, and stir continuously until smooth.
- Boil the mixture. Add salt and chilli sauce and bring back to boil.
- Pour into a serving dish. Garnish with the end buds, cheese and whipped cream.
- Serve piping hot with sesame fingers.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering