• 4 fresh Bitter gourds
• 1 Lemon juice
• 1 – quarter small Coconut fresh
• 1 tsp – sesame seeds
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Dhania powder
• 1 tsp – Sugar ground
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/4 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• salt to taste
• 3 tbsp – oil
- Wash bitter gourd and wipe dry.
- Chop into thin rounds with skin intact.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and crunchy.
- Chop coconut into thin slivers. The slices should look like chips.
- Fry coconut slivers till crisp and good.
- Drain and keep on kitchen towel to soak excess oil.
- Take in a large plate, sprinkle all other ingredients over it. Mix well to coat all masalas on karela.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve as accompaniment to chappati and rice or even serve as a snack at a cocktail.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi