• 4 cups – Milk
• 10 tsp – Sugar
• 2 – Medium-sized Carrots
• 2 tbsp – Coconut, grated
• 4 – Cardamoms powdered (elaichi)
• A few – Cashew nuts and Raisins
• 1 tsp – Ghee, for frying
- Grind the carrots into a fine paste in a mixie.
- Bring milk to boil.
- Add sugar to milk and stir for a while.
- After sugar is melted, add grated coconut, carrot and cardamom powder. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- In a small pan, fry the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Add it to the kheer.
Recipe courtesy of Madhavi