• 1 pound – Cat Fish, cut
• 1 – Big yellow onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 inch – Ginger
• 3 big Cloves of Garlic
• 3 medium-sized red tomatoes, finely chopped
• 4 tbsp – Plain Yoghurt
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 3 tsp – Coriander Powder
• 3-5 Stems of Coriander leaves
• 5 Green chillies
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• Salt (to taste)
- Marinate the cut cat fish pieces in yoghurt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt for 30 minutes.
- Make a paste of garlic, ginger and coriander powder in a blender.
- Make a paste of tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves and water.
- In a karahi, fry onions in 2 tbsp of oil till onion turns light brown colour.
- Put the garlic-coriander paste in the karahi with fried onion. Fry this for about 10 minutes.
- Add blended tomato, green chilli and coriander to the karahi.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add marinated fish. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add more water if needed. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice and cucumber raita.
Recipe courtesy of Kabita Das