• 1 cup Chana dal
• 4-5 dry Red Chillies
• 2-3 fresh Red Chillies (optional)
• 1 tbsp oil
• Salt to taste
• 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
- In a pan, heat one tablespoon of oil.
- Add one cup of chana dal and dry and fresh red chillies. Fry on medium heat till light brown.
- Add some water and keep aside for a few minutes for the dal to soften.
- Just before serving, add salt and grind to make a paste.
- Now, add garlic and grind again. Serve with hot rice, ghee, or butter.
- Can also be served with idli/dosa/or as a bread spread.
Recipe courtesy of Anju Addanki