• 5 big Potatoes
• 100 g – vermicelli (broken into pieces)
• 100 g – Corn
• 4 cubes – cheese (grated)
• 2 piece – Ginger (made into a paste)
• 4 to 5 Green chillies (crushed and as per taste)
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
• 3 tbsp – Corn flour, mixed in 2 cups water
• few drops red color
• oil for deep frying
• salt to taste
- Boil the corn with little salt in sufficient water for few minutes.
- Drain out the water completely and keep aside to cool.
- Coarsely crush the corn.
- Boil the potatoes and mash when still hot.
- Add the grated cheese, corn, ginger, green chillies, salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes. Mix gently.
- Divide the potato- cheese mixture into equal portions and make thick long rolls.
- Dip each roll in the corn flour mixture and roll it in vermicelli.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja