• Chow chow – 1 medium size
• Channa dhal – 10 tbsp
• Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
• For seasoning:
• Mustard – 1 tbsp
• Urad dhal – 1 tbsp
• Curry leaves – 1 stalk
• Red Chillies -1
- Peel the chow chow and cut into small pieces.
- Pressure cook chow chow and channa dal with 1/4 cup of water
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and heat. When the milk boils, mash the chow chow with a spoon.
- Take a kadai, add 1/2 tsp of oil and splutter mustard. Then add urad dhal, red chillies (broken into small pieces) and curry leaves (optional).
- When the urad dhal turns light brown, pour the tadka over the curry.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi