• 500g – fish
• Grind coarsely:
• 1/2 inch piece Ginger
• 5-6 Big Green chillies
• 6-8 – Small Red Onions
• 1 tbsp – Red Chilli powder
• A pinch of Turmeric
• 3/4 tsp – Coriander Powder
• Other Masalas:
• Curry leaves
• Salt to taste
• Dry Mango powder or Tomato puree
• 1/2 cup – grated Coconut (to extract milk)
- Marinate fish in the ground masala for 10 minutes.
- Remove the first coconut milk and keep aside.
- Cook the fish with the masala in 2nd and 3rd coconut milk.
- When cooked, add 1st milk and boil on full flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice small red onions and fry in a little oil.
- Pour over fish curry.
Recipe courtesy of Malini Bisen