• 4 cups – all-purpose flour (maida)
• 1-2 tsp – baking powder
• Small quantity of vegetable oil
• Salt (depending upon taste)
• 1.5 cups – buttermilk/yoghurt
• Chopped Garlic or nigella (black onion)
- Sieve all-purpose flour (maida) with salt and baking soda. Add oil in it and mix it very well.
- Add buttermilk or yoghurt in it and mix it very well (if necessary add water). Make a smooth dough.
- Keep it in warm place for 6-8 hrs.
- Pre-heat oven on 450 F.
- Make small rolls of dough.
- Roll it like chapatti, sprinkle it with some chopped garlic or with some nigella (black onion).
- Repeat the process to make 3-4 naans.
- Put some oil on baking tray with brush.
- Place naan on tray one by one.
- Put tray on the lower rack of the oven.
- Bake it for 5-8 mins till it becomes light brown in colour.
- Put some butter on it.
- Serve it hot with some paneer curry or with dal makhani.
Recipe courtesy of Bharti Agarwal