• 500 g – fresh firm Brinjals
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Amchoor (dried mango) powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/4 tsp – dried Mint powder (optional)
• 2 pinches – Asafoetida powder
• To deep fry – Mustard oil
• To taste – salt
- Slice brinjals into rounds. Sprinkle some salt, turmeric, amchoor, red chilli and mint powder.
- Toss well, to blend flavours and keep aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Press out the water from brinjals.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Drop in some chunks at a time, deep frying, till crisp.
- When golden and crisp, drain by putting on an absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with rotis and chutneys.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering