• KashKash or Gasagase – 5 tsp
• Ghee – 1 tsp
• Fresh grated Coconut – 4 cups
• Jaggery – 1 cup or according to your taste
• Milk – 1/2 cup
• Cardamom – 1/2 tsp
- Fry the kashkash to light brown colour with ghee.
- Grind fried kashkash, coconut.
- Mix jaggery with water and boil the mixture.
- Filter the boiled mixture if necessary.
- Take the juice of the ground mixture and mix both mixtures and heat it until it boils.
- Add milk and cardamom powder to the boiling mixture and stir it well.
- Your gasagase payasa is ready to serve or drink.
Recipe courtesy of Rekha Sastry