• Cauliflower florets – 1/2 kg
• Ginger – a 10 inch piece, finely chopped
• Soya sauce -3-4 tsp
• Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper powder – 3/4 tsp
• Corn flour – 6-7 tbsp
• Oil- 4 tbsp
- In a pan, boil some water with 1/2 tsp salt in it.
- Add cauliflower florets and cook till it is half done. Drain the water and let the florets cool.
- Add 2 tsp corn flour, soya sauce and a little bit of water to make a semi thick batter.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in the pan.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter and put all the florets together in the pan to cook it for about 5 min. Stir continuously to avoid soya sauce sticking to the pan.
- Heat another non-stick pan and add 1 tbsp of oil, and the finely chopped ginger.
- Continue stirring and add the florets, soya sauce, a pinch of sugar, salt, black pepper powder and tomato sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with julienne ginger and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Neelima Sriram