• Papdi puri – 10-12 (available at most Indian grocery stores.)
• Four cups – Green peas, boiled.
• 2 – Medium potato, boiled, peeled and chopped.
• 2 – medium onion, finely chopped.
• 1 – Green chilli, finely chopped
• 2 – Medium tomato,finely chopped.
• A few sprigs of coriander leaves/cilantro- finely chopped.
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp chaat masala.
• Salt to taste.
• Half a juice of a lemon.
• Sev for garnishing.
- In a mixing bowl, put in the boiled peas. Ensure that all the water is drained out.
- Add finely chopped onions, tomato, potatoes and green chilli.
- Sprinkle all the dry spices evenly which is the red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt to taste.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and give all the ingredients a good mix.
- Take a serving plate. Lay the papdi puris and crush them flat with your palm.
- Evenly spread the boiled peas mixture on the papdis in a layer.
- Garnish with sev and coriander/cilantro leaves.
- Tasty green peas snack is ready.
Recipe courtesy of vidya