• 1/2 cup – Rice
• 1/2 cup – yellow dal
• 1 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 1 cob Corn grated
• 1 Onion grated
• 1 tbsp Curd
• 2-3 pinches soda bicarb
• 1 tbsp- oil
• salt to taste
• 1 large Banana leaf
- Wash and soak rice and dals for 3 hours.
- Grind to a smooth thick batter.
- Add soda and salt, keep aside overnight.
- Add grated vegetables, mix well.
- Cut banana leaf into 2″x 2″ squares
- Grease oil on each one of them.
- Place a ladleful of batter on one piece.
- Cover with another piece and press very lightly.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place each leaf sandwich on a hot thick griddle, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook other side.
- Remove the cooked ones.
- To eat, peel off banana leaf sections, and eat soft panki.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi