• 500 g – Pomfret , cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1 tbsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – coriander seeds, powdered
• 1 tsp – white Cumin seeds
• 1 cup – plain yogurt
• Salt, to taste
• Cooking oil, as required
- Marinate pomfret with salt for 15 mins.
- Fry the fish on medium heat for a minute on both sides.
- In the same oil, sputter cumin seeds, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook for 2 mins and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and fry well.
- Add curd gradually, and keep stirring.
- Add fish pieces to the curry.
- Add a little water and simmer till the fish is fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with jeera rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sonali