• 100 g – Red Chillies
• 50 g – urad dhal
• 50 g – Channa dhal
• 10 g – white sesame seeds (Ellu)
• 1 – Garlic pod
• 1 spoon – Asafoetida
- Fry all the ingredients separately.
- Heat oil in pan, first fry the red chillies well along with asafoetida.
- Next fry the urad dal well.
- Next fry the channa dhal well.
- Now without oil saute the sesame seeds till they stop spluttering.
- Allow this to cool.
- You can grind it along with the garlic either coarsely or to a smooth powder.
- Serve it with hot idlis or dosas.
- You can also add curry leaves to this powder.