Thick round chapatis made from whole meal flour
2 cups whole meal (wheat) flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
Water for kneading
1. Sieve flour, add salt, ghee and mix well using your hands.
2. Add water a little at a time and knead into a medium stiff dough.
3. Keep the dough covered with a wet muslin cloth for at least half an hour before making roti.
4. Knead again and divide into balls of equal portions.
5. Apply some dry flour or ghee and roll into thick round chapati.
6. Cook on Tava (griddle) on both sides and transfer it on the gas burner and again cook on both sides until puffed and cooked. Apply ghee