• 1 kg – Beef or mutton, cut into fairly big pieces
• 2 tsp pepper powder
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp Garlic paste
• 1 tsp Ginger paste
• 3 tbsp Vinegar
• 4 Onions sliced in rounds
• 3 Potatoes peeled and cut into halves
• Salt to taste
• 3 tbsp oil
- Marinate the meat in vinegar, salt, pepper powder, chilli powder, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder and leave aside for about 1 hour.
- Heat some of the oil in a suitable pan or pressure cooker and add the marinated meat. Fry well till the meat becomes firm.
- Add the potatoes and just enough water for the meat to cook.
- Simmer till all the gravy dries up.
- Remove the meat and potatoes and keep aside.
- Add a little more oil in the same pressure cooker or vessel and fry the onions till brown.
- Add the cooked meat and potatoes and mix well.
- Simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with bread or chapattis.
- Recipe courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White-Kumar