• 1/2 cup – Buck Rice (Moraiya or Sama Seeds)
• 1 – Boiled Potato
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tbsp – Oil
• Rock Salt to taste (or regular one)
• Water as required.
- Wash the buck rice 3-4 times and soak it in a bowl of water for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds.
- Add the soaked buck rice (along with water).
- Cook it covered for around 15 mins until dry.
- Then add the boiled potato (cut into cubes) and spices into it.
- Mix everything well and cook it covered for another 10 mins.
- Serve hot as a rice variety.
Recipe courtesy of Shruthi