Healthy and spicy pohe ke vade
1 cup poha or chiwda (flaked, beaten rice)
1 medium sized boiled and mashed potato
1 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Wash poha thoroughly with water and soak until soft, for about 5-10 minutes.
2. Drain water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Now mix all the ingredients together and make thick dough.
4. Divide into small round equal portions.
5. Press lightly between your palms and deep fry these vade, over medium to high heat, until golden brown.
6. Remove on absorbent paper and serve hot.
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes