• 1 cup – heaped grated fresh Coconut
• 1 cup – Milk
• Â½ cup – Sugar
• Â½ tsp – Cardamom powder
• a few strands of Saffron
• a few slices of Almond and Pistachio
- Add milk to the grated coconut, stir on a low flame.
- When the milk gets absorbed by the coconut, add sugar and keep stirring.
- Allow the mixture to thicken but do not let the mixture get too dry.
- Add saffron paste and cardamom powder.
- Stir well.
- Put off the heat.
- Pour into a greased thali.
- Sprinkle slices of almond and pistachio, allow it to set.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja