• 1/2 kg – Eggplants (quartered)
• 2 – Onions, chopped (medium)
• 4 tbsp – finely cut Coriander leaves
• salt to taste
• For Seasoning:
• 7 or 8 – Red Chillies (dry)
• 2 tbsp – Coriander seeds
• 1 tbsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tbsp – Channa dal
• 1/2 tbsp – Cumin seeds
• A little bit of Asafoetida
• 2 tbsp – Oil to fry.
- Take a pan and add 3 tbsp of oil.
- When the oil heats up, add the cut vegetables to that.
- Now mix it and cover with the lid.
- Cook until it softens.
- In the meantime, take another pan and put 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- Then fry the above ingredients for seasoning until golden brown.
- Cool it and then grind it into a fine powder.
- Now remove the lid of the vegetables and check whether they’ve become soft/hot.
- It just takes 5-10 minutes for an eggplant to become soft.
- Once it becomes soft, add this ground powder, freshly cut coriander leaves and salt according to your taste.
- Now mix them together and keep on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it hot with rice/chapatti.
Recipe courtesy of Prashanthi