• Bread – 1 loaf
• Onion (big) – 3, finely chopped
• Green chilli – 3, finely chopped
• Tomato – 3, finely chopped
• Mustard – 1 tsp
• Kadalai parupu – 1 tsp
• Ghee for frying and roasting the bread
• Sugar to taste
• Salt to taste
• Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cube the slices of bread. Roast the cubes in ghee and keep aside.
- Pour ghee in a tava and add mustard and kadalai parupu. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chillies and chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste. Fry until there is no water in the mixture.
- Add the bread cubes and mix well.
- Add sugar to taste and mix again.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Jayashree