In India, Aloo Tikki is most popular street food. It’s easy to make and very delicious in taste. Potato patties coated with breadcrumbs and fried enjoyed as an appetizer. Make Aloo Tikki with easy to follow steps and serve as a starter.
– 2 1/4 potatoes (pressure-cooked, peeled, and mashed)
– 4 – 5 green chilies (?nely chopped)
– 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
– 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (blend of Indian spices) or chaat masala
– 2 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
– 2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 5 to 6 slices of bread
– 2 cup oil for frying
– 1 cup breadcrumbs store-bought
How To Cook?
1. Put the mashed potatoes into a bowl. Add the green chilies, chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala or chaat masala, salt, lime juice and red chili powder.
2. Sprinkle a little water on the bread and pat to dry, crumble bread to the potatoes mixture mix well and portion out potatoes mixture and form equally sized round patties flatten slightly with palms of your hands.
3. Take some breadcrumbs in a plate and dip the patties to cover both sides with breadcrumbs and deep fry on MEDIUM heat on both sides to a golden brown color, remove from oil and drain onto paper towel and serve hot.
4. Enjoy hot patties with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
For Fat-free cooking: Instead of deep-frying, heat a ?at non-stick griddle, spray the griddle with cooking spray, place 3 to 4 patties on the griddle, and cook both sides to a crisp and brown color.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: Makes 25 Aloo Tikkis