• 1 kg – akkawi cheese
• 250 gms – mozzarella cheese
• 250 gms – semolina
• 200 gms – Sugar
• 50 gms – Sunflower oil
• 250 ml – Cream
- Cut both cheeses into slices and mix in the sugar and semolina.
- Bring the mixture slowly to the boil stirring all the time for 20 mins or until it starts to get very sticky and paste-like.
- Use plenty of patience or the cheese will burn and separate.
- Smear a working surface with oil.
- Pour the cheese mixture onto the surface and spread evenly.
- Roll into thin sheets and leave to cool until it is firm, but not brittle or crisp.
- Beat the cream and spread over the cheese layer.
- Roll the cheese sheet.
- Cut it in small rolls and serve.