• 1 cup – sooji (fine)
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – Ghee
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Cashewnuts and Raisins for garnishing
- Add water to the sooji and mix thoroughly to get batter consistency (no lumps should be formed). Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the cashewnuts and raisins in a little ghee in a non-stick pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, roast the sugar in ghee (1 cup) until it becomes brown. Add the sooji batter, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Keep stirring until the mixtures leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the fried cashewnuts and raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture onto a well-greased plate.
- Cut into squares when it cools.
Recipe courtesy of Vani Nagaraj